Monday, October 20, 2008

Tim Told me To...

Tim told me I have to blog. So I'm blogging. Usually I don't let people boss me around, but he probably has a point.

So. I've been sick. Bronchitis. Not my favourite way to spend the weekend. I'm even more behind at uni, because I only spent 2 and a bit days there last week. I'm getting very frustrated that NOTHING seems to work the way I want it to. People keep telling me that this is how research works. I think, actually, it's just the way my life works. Because nothing ever goes the way I want it to. I'm sure other people experience this. But it does seem sometimes that other people I know always fall on their feet and things go according to plan. Me? Nup. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

BUT I'm making a concerted effort to not think like this and therefore wallow in self pity. Surely there has to be some power in positive thinking, right? And one thing did go my way this morning. My barista clearly had a case of Monday-itis, and accidentally gave me a large coffee instead of a normal sized one. Yay for free upgrades.

No comments: