So, I got tagged in a facebook note...which said I should post 25 random things about myself, then tag 25 other people so they could learn 25 random facts about me. And I thought...'if I tag 25 random people, then 25 random people will be kinda pissed off at me. But if I post 25 random things on my blog, then only the 4 people who actually bother to read it will ever be bothered by it'.
So here goes.
1. I'm not sure I ever want to be anything other than a student...except I hate the part where I have no money and I don't actually want to be an academic...
2. I have terrible taste in movies and TV.
3. I like scarves. Scarves are great.
4. I secretly fantasise about being a presenter on Playschool, because I think it would be the best job ever to pretend to be a kid all the time.
5. Sometimes I get kinda bummed because I don't have a real nickname. They just never stick.
6. I know just about all the words to the 'Hairspray' soundtrack (see no. 2)
7. My favourite book is Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen...because it is so much cooler than all the others once you realise she is basically taking the piss out of the literature of the time. Plus it has the coolest male romantic lead ever.
8. I get really frustrated with all the ideas in my head that I can't put into practice
9. I was surprised to learn today that there are other girls my age who thinks that, actually, a lot of babies are kind of ugly. This was a refreshing thing to learn.
10. I think I'm too normal. That bugs me sometimes.
11. The most played song in my iTunes library is 'My Angel Put the Devil in Me'. That is sad on so many levels...and if you don't know why...well, that is also sad on many levels...
12. I really miss having Starbucks in Adelaide, if only for the frappucinos...
13. I regularly read through the Harry Potter novels, but I skip number 2 and number 5 because they are sooooooooooo boring.
14. I am really finicky about the pens I use. Seriously, it can take me half an hour to pick when pen I want to buy. And even after that it is likely I won't be happy with my choice. Which for someone who doesn't really write that much, seems silly really.
15. I regularly fall in love with fictional characters. But it's OK, I haven't read Twilight and never, ever intend to so you don't have to hate me.
16. When I get depressed, I like to look at the puppies in the window of the pet shop, even though I know that pet shops are evil establishments. When that fails, I look at teddy bears.
17. I regularly adopt close friends as siblings...
18. Despite being an intensely emotional person, I'm not very good at grieving. But that's OK, because I don't think many people are.
19. I have this weird double life, where I'm really lazy at home but not at work. At work or study I hate to be idle. When I come home I hate to have to do anything...
20. I wouldn't mind learning to play the bass guitar. But I would not like to be a bass guitarist. My brother has taught me there is a big difference.
21. I will randomly quote Doctor Who in everday life. You might not notice me doing this. If you don't notice, I secretly judge you...not so secretly now, I guess.
22. I get very frustrated about many things. Mostly, I get frustrated when I can't change the things that frustrate me. Oh yes. I'm that complicated.
23. I love tea. Plain old lipton black tea from a tea bag.
24. I do not, nor will I ever, understand the point of golf.
25. I can't believe I actually thought of 25 things to write. Usually, I'm really bad at writing about myself, hence why my blog is updated so infrequently.