Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Powerless

You know what I really hate?

I hate feeling powerless. I really hate it. I hate seeing people in situations I would love to change and having zero ability to do it. I especially hate when those people could do something about that situation themselves...but for some reason don't or feel they can't. But I still can't change the situation and it makes me so frustrated.

I guess it's related to another pet hate of mine - people who gripe on about a situation when they have the power to change it. And I think it's because so many things could be changed by just a small action, but too often we're too scared or too worried about what people will think of us if we do.

That said, I don't always practice what I preach. I let people walk all over me on occasions when I could easily stand up and say no. Sadly, I like people to like me, and don't like it when people don't like me. It makes me uncomfortable.

So. yes. Thesis writing. Procrastination, much?

1 comment:

Ivy and Haley said...

I agree with you. I like to have a foot in every door, so feeling powerless is a very uncomfortable feeling for me. I just can't let things wash over me.

I liked the comment you left on post secret. I hope there will be someone there when I fall.


Come visit our blog! And comment please, we love comments :)
http://ivyandhaley.blogspot.com