Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tomorrow is only a day away

This time tomorrow, I will be finished with honours. My seminar and defense will be over, I will have my mark, and will only have to make any spelling corrections etc and I can kiss this all goodbye. It's quite an awesome feeling, really, although I imagine the feeling of it actually being over will top this by approximately a million.

It does, however, mean that for the first time in 4 and a half years, I won't be a student anymore, at least for the time being. Sure, I'll keep getting student discounts until July when my student card expires, but I won't be a uni bum any more. I'm going to have to start living in the real world, where things like money and paying tax are important and inevitable. Sleeping til 10:30 on weekdays will probably be a thing of the past. Lunches at the Exeter will no longer be allowed to go on for 4 hours. Spending all day on Facebook will no longer cut it.

But you know what? I think that's OK. I think that I'm ready to enter the world of real, responsible adults, if only for a little while. It's scary, but people have faced much more frightening things than this in the past. It's the not the scariest thing I'll ever do.

I'm feeling the need to wrap this up with something horribly cliche. Like 'it's time to spread my wings and fly'...which is rubbish really, as I don't have wings. That'd be cool though, wouldn't it?

No comments: