Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dear Rachel, are you a complete moron?

Grr. Why do people always assume other people are stupid?

OK, wait, that's probably unfair coming from me...but seriously. I spend three years studying science at Adelaide Uni. Why would anyone think I got through that without some understanding of processes and protocol?

Why the rant? I'm trying to organise my honours project for next semester. I emailed a few people who work in the fields that I am interested in. One of them has been really lovely and helpful. The other asked if I had talked to the honours supervisor about my academic eligibility and possible supervisors. Um, what? You think I picked you randomly, trying to bypass the pesky process of actually being organised?

Meh. Hopefully I'll still discuss projects with him, but I'm thinking someone who a)doesn't remember I was in his class a year ago and therefore should know that yes, I am academically qualified and b) thinks I am a moron may not be the best honours supervisor...

And now I have a cold. Meh. Meh meh meh.

No comments: