Thursday, February 5, 2009

Why procrastination is bad

Perhaps it is slightly contradictory to write a post about procrastination whilst I am in fact at uni. However, I have discovered in the past few weeks a drawback to one of my favourite forms of procrastinating at uni. Which is reading the news. You may have seen the results of this on my blog.

The thing about the news is...sometimes its ghastly. Really really horrifyingly why-would-anyone-do-that ghastly.

And when you're taking a break from work, reading about teenagers roasting puppies alive, or men throwing their 4 year old daughters off the Westgate bridge, or people kidnapping and eating children...well...it's not exactly incentive to do work. Or do anything, really. I hate the fact that I live in a world where people do these things. I also hate the fact that I live in a world where these things outnumber the genuninely good things people do. Or at least on news sites they do. Which leads me to hate the fact that I live in a world where apparently people would rather read about kids roasting puppies than they would about people doing good things.

It's enough to make a girl depressed, really...

No comments: